The Advantages of LED Hospital Lighting
For as long as we can remember, hospitals and healthcare facilities have been using incandescent and fluorescent light fixtures to illuminate patient rooms, offices, hallways, bathrooms, etc. These lights have been the go-to because of their output, cost, and availability. What hospital facility managers fail to realize is that incandescent and fluorescent lights aren’t dependable and can have many negative effects on patients. When it comes to hospital lighting, LED lightss and fixtures are the best alternatives for many reasons.
Organizations in the Health Care field are constantly looking for ways to improve their patient experience, while simultaneously trying to keep operating costs as low as possible. Lighting upgrades provide the ideal opportunity to improve a facility’s performance and significantly reduce energy and maintenance costs.
- Reduce energy consumption by up to 50% with LED lighting and up to 80% through lighting controls
- Comply with energy legislation and support sustainability targets
- Reinvest cost savings to enhance the healthcare environment
- Use ambient lighting to relax and reassure patients
- Attract and retain valuable staff through a pleasant working environment
- Create a relaxing and welcoming environment in reception, examination, and patient rooms
Lighting plays an important role in healthcare, improving both the patient experience and the staff’s ability to provide the required level of care. Not only a sustainable choice, LED lighting can enhance the care environment and reduce costs by saving energy and improving operational efficiency. The latest LED technology from Airis provides a nurturing atmosphere for your patients and a dynamic working environment for your staff.
- Simulate natural daylight to support patients’ sleep, mood, and recovery
- Create a pleasant ambiance for patients and visitors
- Enhance the well-being and concentration of facility staff
With all the research that’s been done on hospital lighting and the benefits and advantages of LED lights, it’s easy to see why they’re the best choice for healthcare facilities. Not only do they provide the color temperatures, color-rendering indexes, and controllability that hospitals need, they also save money and cause less interruptions to patient care. Just one hospital switching to LED lights can have a dramatic impact on patient health, staff satisfaction, and the environment.